Sunday 5 February 2012

Grey Matter

Well here it is, another automotive blog on everyones favourite Internet, and despite growing concern about North Korea, dramas in Lybia and Kim Kardashians rear quarters I find myself torn.  This creation, the FT-86... or is it the BRZ... Being sold as a Scion something or other.  Well whatever the case may be it seems they're all trying to jump on board the 'lets try and re-create the turbo sportscar era of the 90s'.  Don't get me wrong the new car line ups these days are lacking in decent 2 door sports cars and too focused on white econo-boxes, I'm all about my supras and rx7's but I'm not quite sold on this new era of performance cars.  However you cant argue that, say the R35, isn't fast because it is, I just like things different.  Once upon a time I thought all the old blokes banging on about four speeds and carbies were just not 'getting it' but i guess thats just part of it all.

Call me a purist or whatever but i like my GTR's bare bones, give me an R32 taking Bathurst anyday, or the atmo scream of a stripped EG.  I can hear it now 'but willie, we like our track cars for the daily commute as well, it needs to be comfortable".  For me, this track car in a business suit is boulderdash.


Mind you I'll change my mind next week.



-willie

No comments:

Post a Comment